Friday, July 15, 2011

Steel Legion army - the last of the infantry!

With the deadline for the Heroes of Armageddon project drawing near, I'm going to let you know now: expect a vicious flurry of posts driving you towards the "donate" button!

Here are the last infantry squads to cross my desk. The next time you see these they'll be nestled snugly in their Battlefoam trays.


1st Platoon, 3rd Squad (rocking the las/plas combo) were donated and painted by Mark Donelson. They match the rest of the army perfectly.


This is the second Savlar Chem Dogs squad. These guys were converted by John (from Santa Cruz Warhammer and one of the project's overlords) from Cadians with the addition of some greenstuff and heads & backpacks from Victoria Lamb's Highland Guard kits. They look great. They match the feel of my original squad, but have a character all of their own.


And rounding out the squads are the Armageddon Ork Hunters, also by John from SCW. John wanted a lean, veteran look to these badasses and you can check out his post about the choices he made here.


Finally, I finished off a Commissar for the Company Command Squad. The original list didn't call for one, but I felt it would be nice to throw one in, particularly one of the old school Steel Legion Commissars (gussied up a bit for "modern" times).

Anyway, the Battlefoam bags for these bad boys should be arriving today. I'm looking forward to getting all the models into their foam trays and taking a lot of pictures.

Get ready for the onslaught of Heroes of Armageddon posts! And Donate!

Cheers
Dave

3 comments:

  1. More great models all around. I hope I get to see them in person soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you heading to Chicago Games Day? Or are you just hoping to win them?

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there, the tickets bought, the Hotel paid for. Of course, I wouldn't mind winning something as well. I think it will be a fun trip and I look forward to meeting some folks who I only know from the internet.

    ReplyDelete