Thursday, July 28, 2011

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...


Well, tomorrow I head off to Games Day Chicago with my Empire army in tow. Here are all the oddly-shaped parts of the army tucked away in my nice, new "oddly-shaped parts" box, but more of that later.

If you are going to Games Day Chicago, please make sure you check out our Heroes of Armageddon display and take plenty of photos of the great table and the armies that raised $31,000 for Doctors Without Borders. You'll be able to find it in the Club Tables section!

After that (well, between 1pm and 4pm) head to the Armies On Parade area and vote in the popularity contest. Well, vote for my Empire army in the popularity contest. I'm sure there'll be other armies that are just as good (if not better), but you'll vote for me anyway...right...?
; )

Well, take care. Enjoy the radio silence until next week.

Cheers
Dave

8 comments:

  1. Good luck Dave. That is a lovely Army on Parade - have a great day and the very best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Sir! I am positive you will do well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on chief, have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let us know how you do man! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well guys, thanks for your best wishes but no hardware to be found, apart from two First Cut pins in GD. The winning army for AOP was Jim Wappel's Lizardmen, a very deserving winner. I have a few other thoughts about the process that I might share once I get them in order. But otherwise it was a crazy, fun, hectic day.

    Also, Kirill's Commissar Yarrick got a Final Cut pin in 40K Single, and Chris Borer' Master of Ordnance took home Gold in the Open category! We also sold the HOA table, taking our donation total over $32,000!

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work on the fundraiser. Tough break on the popularity contest. I am headed to GenCon next weekend, anything you want me to look for when I am there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave's army is up on the UK Games Workshop blog: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=17700017a

    Lookin' good there Mr Taylor!

    ReplyDelete