Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Three out of four lead the wave of the future!

A few folks have been asking about where they can see the models I won my Golden Demon trophies with. Some of you will have seen these all before, while others may not as some of them are "buried in the archives". Anyway, here goes:


My Blood Pact Valdor (awesome Forgeworld tank) won Silver in 40K Vehicle. Most people really like the free-hand Chaos stars. They were a lot of fun to paint!

This Inquisitor-scale guy, my Lucky 13s homage, scored Silver in Large-scale Model. I figured the return of this category so late might thin the field and I was right. Hopefully we'll see this category bloom over the coming years to reach the heights achieved by it in Europe.

I'm accepting suggestions for my Chicago entry. Just pop your thoughts in a comment.


My Blood Pact Stalk Tank won Bronze in the Open category. It's a bizarre creation and not 100% as tight as it could be so I'm really happy to have made it in to the trophies for this category!

I also won Bronze in 40K Squad with my Blood Pacters. I selected the best ten (in my opinion) from the 50 or so I have painted. I'm going to make you trawl back through the early posts to see these guys ; )

Before I go today, I'd like to show you a taste of things to come. With the new Guard Codex full of great options, I present to you the first of my Infardi. These guys will count as Penal Legionnaires and are based on the cultist enemy that Gaunt and his Ghosts face in Dan Abnett's Honour Guard.

12 comments:

  1. Great that you won and they were deserving entries
    Craig @ cadian8th

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a slick conversion for the Infardi. I just started reading that book and I have been kinda iffy on it. I think it is about to pick up though.

    What did you use for the head on that model - simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Craig!

    Big D, the head is from the Empire Flagellant sprue (same as the arms and body). Very simple, yet effective conversion.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear dave
    Brilliant. I am using flagellents as psycher material for my IG psycher squad, John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, cool, you're going to Chicago too? Alex Pat and I at Terran Forge are all going there too (just booked the hotel!). Alex and I are also entering the Golden Demon (both of our first entries ever!) so that should be fun!

    I love that Lucky 13s entry, especially! I'm almost considering buying an Inquisitor figure to paint up and enter in Chicago because of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Infardi. Fits the picture I got in my mind from reading Honor Guard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dave, well done buddy...glad to see the new boen isnt stopping you from your hobby...theobald

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats born, not bone :) im not going there :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The skin tone on him is great. How do you manage to make gray work so well for the shading? The pink around the manacles and stitches really makes him pop, something I'll have to steal for the scars on my Blood Pact.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks guys! Now to few specifics:

    John, good call on that. What about the Overseer?

    Kevin, you should definitely paint up an Inquisitor scale model, they're lots of fun! See you in Chicago.

    Hudson, thanks, just the tattoos to add.

    Stu, thanks mate, and I'm not going there either ; )

    Rabidchild, I got the recipe from CMDante (of Dakka's P&M Blogs fame). Start with a mix of Charadon Granite and Dheneb Stone, highlight by mixing in more DS, then start adding P3 Menoth White Base and eventually Skull White. Well-placed dabs of Leviathan Purple and Baal Red washes squeezed into crevices will give you that "rubbed raw" look.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea using Ifardi as penal troops.
    I always love seeing your Blood Pact army grow.
    Might do them myself one day.
    Are you ever going to put out a tutorial on how you made the troop trucks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice miniatures!

    You have my link, man ;D

    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete