Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Oh My... Shiny!

Apologies for the crappy photo, taken on my phone late last night.

There are sometimes I know I just shouldn't go to my FLGS (Dropzone Games), as I'll see something there I might not be able to resist. I find I'm more likely to be distracted if I have a LOT on my painting plate already (currently ACW, Mechanicum, Lamenters, and a couple of other things), so here's the new, shiny thing I've purchased.

Photo from Dakka member Valtyr, used without permission.

I picked up the Relic Hunters box, and have added a Guild Riflemen box that the nice folks at Wyrd sent me in January. After putting together these plastic models, I must say I'm very impressed. I'm not just impressed with the level of detail and the number of components that increases the layered feel of the models, but I'm also impressed by the amount of character pushed into each sculpt. Bravo Wyrd, bravo!

Now don't worry, I won't be suddenly playing Malifaux, but this does give me a chance to scratch the itch to paint these lovely figs. Once I'm done I'll be selling them off, that's my justification for buying them in the first place ; )

Cheers
Dave

10 comments:

  1. I plan to get these after I've dealt with my current Malifaux backlog. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing your take on these minis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these miniatures. I think Wyrd has taken a different path than the "normal" standard for plastics, and it's paying off.

    Admittedly, I'm a Malifaux fan.

    As Viruk said, I'm looking forward to your paint on these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I think I'll be working with a limited palette, much as I did with the Winter Malifaux models I painted in Dec/Jan. Hopefully I can gather together a nice group of colors that work across the board.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I'm looking forward to seeing more Malifaux figs done by you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog mate - and a nice set you picked up there :)

    How do they compare in size and proportions to gw models ? wondering about the usage for Inq 28 :)

    Cheers

    Janushedemann
    http://inquisitorhedemann.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure it would work. Malifaux figs are 32mm. The new plastic ones are are true scale. The old metal ones are somewhere between true and heroic (some lean more to true others to heroic).

      Delete
    2. Like Nightmare said, I'm not sure how well they'd work. I'll try to post some shots tomorrow.

      Cheers
      Dave

      Delete
  6. Hey, Dave! I love your work and your blog, you've been inspiring me to build and convert bigger and better since I first laid eyes on your work in WD. Thanks for everything!

    I just wanted to point out that your blogger (and every one else...)seems to be broken. The Lightbox that displays pictures is borked up. The solution can be found here:

    http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/2013/03/the-lightbox-image-display-option.html

    I used the solution on my blog, and it worked out great.

    Cheers,
    Xi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xi

      I tried the fix as suggested and it seems to be working properly now. Much appreciated : )

      Cheers
      Dave

      Delete
  7. You should try the game Dave, its really engaging and dripping in character

    ReplyDelete