Thursday, February 28, 2013

And now for something completely different...


Recently I was chatting with a good friend of mine, and he was regaling me with stories about this interesting idea he had for a sci-fi skirmish game, it was something quite different to the many games already out there,  and the background he has written for the "universe" it is set in sounded very cool (I'm a very story-driven hobbyist, if you hadn't already guessed).

Inspired by the idea, I thought I'd mess around with something for it, so here's a quick diversion - a vignette of an Outlander-refurbished T-72, with crewman checking out a downed camera drone.


The 15mm tank model is from Quick Reaction Force in the UK, the crewmen are from Flames Of War (Soviet tankers), as are some of the accesories on the tank, and the drone is from a couple of GW plastic off-cuts. The rocket rack is cut from plasticard and there's a little bit of greenstuff too.

Anyway, I'm not sure what'll become of his idea, but as I learn more (and can divulge details) I'll let you know.

Back to the Mechanicum (and Union troops, and Lamenters) for me : )

Cheers
Dave

7 comments:

  1. Love it man. I've recently been jumping into the non GW sphere myself and have been thinking about doing some run down military stuff. This may have just inspired me more!

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a wonderful diversion! Great job Dave, can't believe that is 15mm though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great conversion work Dave.

    The brush work for the scale is fantastic as well!!!!

    Reminds me to ge back to my Forceon Force Project :)

    Althugh Sci-Fi 15mm does look good too! Khurasa, Critical Mass Games, Rebel minis oooooh shiny models to add to the pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! You've done a great job of depicting an irradiated wasteland camo pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments guys, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete