Sunday, June 12, 2016

MECHANICUM - A few more Knights


Around the same time as I bought my Warlord Titan last year, I also bought the Questoris Styrix Knight. He has sadly languished in the FW bag for almost a year, but now he stands tall (well, kind of hunched) and ready for paint.



And some of you might remember this guy. A couple of years ago I built this Knight Warden, an homage to the Epic Knight Wardens of ancient times. My conversion was based on the excellent work of Clarence Harrison. But some folks weren't too happy with it. I took a number of suggestions on board, and decided to add a few things that people hadn't suggested.


I wanted to get the feet and legs feeling a lot more like the original, although not a direct copy). I spoke with my friend (and long-time follower of this blog) Jake Schneider, who digitally sculpted the toes, footplate, and greaves that you see in the photos. Jake sent me the files, and it took a little while to get printing sorted. Once I had some great 3D prints (thanks to another friend, Joe) I sent everything off to be molded and cast. I received everything back from the casters a few weeks ago, and now I have started the process of working out how to attach everything : )


This is not the final arrangement of all pieces. I have a few more things to do. I just felt like letting you know that things were finally progressing : )

Cheers
Dave

11 comments:

  1. That Warden is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one LOVE the old-school reminiscent Warden, and this really takes it to the next level. Awesome!

    Also, hard to go wrong with a massive Volkite cannon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Dave, I am so chuffed to see the hard copy of them.

    I can't wait to see that Styrix painted up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fantastic when you get a hold of more knights Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooove the Warden - haters gonna hate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look at these guys and I just want to play Adeptus Titanticus all over again, but maybe in this scale! Thanks for the inspiration, Dave!
    Ths

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new feet and greaves, they really add a sense of weight to the model. Producing them as option kits might be an extra cash source for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What 3D company did you go with in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Currently it looks like article is the top blogging platform available right now.
    You can take guidance from QuickBooks enterprise support
    to grow your business with the help of add-ons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is really inspiring and informative. I also have some understanding about the subject still I feel this has enhanced my knowledge. Thanks for sharing.
    virtual assistant websites
    freelance website developer
    Offshore Software Development
    mobile application development in india

    ReplyDelete