Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My apologies

Hi there

I must apologize for my lack of updates recently. Work has been pretty busy, wrapping up the last bits of Wargames Illustrated 262 and prepping a few contributors for future issues. On the hobby front I've been powering away at my entries for the Chicago Golden Demons. So busy I haven't had a chance to update, let alone take photos.

I'll try to get a few shots this weekend and show you some of the fun stuff I've been up to.

I expect I'll also be able to announce the winner of the Stalk Tank Datasheet Competition early next week!

Cheers
Dave

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dave great work on Wargames Illustrated, the production values are excellent!

    One thing I have noticed though is that the photos of your ACW miniatures look a bit blurry and are reflecting a lot of light (from the gloss coat?). Perhaps a shot of dullcoat could help alleviate that a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! So you are the guy who now runs WI. I keep looking for it inn Smiths but never seem to find one. John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys

    Thanks for the comments.

    @Andrew, nope, no gloss coat, just taken with my crappy point and shoot. They look alright on screen but in print : ( I do have a new setup arriving at the office very soon, much better lights, better camera, should make for much cleaner pics on my end. Fingers crossed.

    @John, not running it, but working with Dan (UK Editor) on it. Apparently it has been flying off the shelves in newsagents across the UK. Keep an eye out for it on the last Saturday of the month, or possibly check to see if they can hold one for you.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete