Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Here come the Heroes Of Armageddon


Some of you may remember the cool Storm Wardens Charity Project I was involved with last year. If not you can check out all the posts here.

This year John and Mike (from Santa Cruz Warhammer, founders of this craziness) wanted to run the same kind of thing, only bigger... Apocalyptically BIGGER!!!

This year we have four build teams working on four 3,000 point armies. Yep, we've got loads more painters all working hard to raise money for Doctors Without Borders. Over the coming weeks and months you will be able to see the progression of the armies and learn a bit more about the folks involved. The four armies we're building are all linked to the Third War for Armageddon: Steel Legion, Blood Angels, Speed Freaks, and a horde led by Ghazghkull Thraka

Of course, I'll be working on the Steel Legion list. John and Mike gave me the heads-up on the project last year, and I cunningly tricked some of you into writing the army list for me ; )
You can find that list here.

You can start supporting our efforts now by committing some cash to the projects using the buttons on the right hand side of this blog. We'll be closing these buttons down in July, when we'll be drawing the winners of some absolutely unique and awesome prizes.

More news on this project, and some posts about Adepticon (which was AWESOME!) later in the week.

Cheers
Dave

EDIT: There will be a centralized blog for this, run by John and Mike. The blog will be:

14 comments:

  1. Is there going to be a centralized blog for this like there was for the Storm Wardens?

    You guys are doing a great thing, glad to hear this is still going and growing in size; clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Great work your helping out with Dave, as always!

    Oh and hey Lantz!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good question Lantz. The central blog has been added to my post above.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding the centralized blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Though Blood Angels? Well, considering there were 23 Chapters involved (including BA's)...I can understand doing BA's as they have a new Codex and all.

    Though too bad you guys aren't doing Black Templars or Salamanders. I remember they had their specific Army lists printed out during that Campaign. But until the BT's get a new codex...

    Well, I donated for the Storm Wardens, and I'll be donating here again. Looking forward to seeing what you guys do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hastur3x-

    Funny you should mention it, stay tuned for even more awesome.

    Last year as the project snowballed we added some extra swag to the line up, and this year will be no different.

    John
    Santa Cruz Warhammer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've followed the Storm Wardens project through Brien's blog and then through yours. It's a great thing you guys are doing, and while I'll be making a monetary contribution I'd like to offer my services as well if any of the teams need a steady brush hand or a conversion or two. Or twenty, I mean, there will be Orks. Let me know, I'd like to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome stuff. I'll be cntributing this time too ;D

    Added the central blog to my blogroll!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments guys!

    @Hastur3x - Yeah, we went with Blood Angels primarily because we had a BA fiend in the form of Jawaballs ready to lead the charge ; )

    @Mike - The best way to offer your services are to contact SC John (posted above yours) at his blog to get on the roster and assigned to a team : )

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Dave, it's... Dave. I am a friend of John and Ty's and spoke with you at Adepticon. I am going to email SC John to see what I can help to chip in. Good meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a heads up Dave - our interview with you will be available on our next episode which is releasing the 16th of this month.

    We will be discussing the Heroes of Armageddon project on that episode as well as running your interview.

    It was a pleasure to meet and talk with you!

    Carl

    ReplyDelete
  12. As I said over on BnC, this is a great initiative! I could not contribute on the Storm Warden project last year for personnal reasons, but I certainly can this year! Since you're in charge of the Steel Legions project, I'd be proud to give you a couple of Heavy Bolter Teams I got collecting dust. Is it possible?

    ReplyDelete

  13. نظافة المنزل تعتبر نظافة المنزل عاملاً أساسياً للصحة الجسدية والعقلية لأفرادها ، ولأن النظافة هي أساس الوقاية من الأمراض الناتجة عن تراكم الأوساخ والبكتيريا وتعكس صورة ونمط حياة صاحب المنزل ، تحتاج كل أسرة إلى إنشاء نظام للحفاظ على جميع تفاصيل المنزل والبقاء على اتصال مع جميع أفراد الأسرة

    طرق تنظيف المنزل

    ReplyDelete