There has been some more progress this week on my Lamenters/Badab War army. Namely wrapping up the test model for the Death Company (above) and starting on the next four models (below).
Originally I was reticent to include any Death Company or Sanguinary Guard in my army as I thought their primary colors were white and gold respectively. I wanted this army to be grim, dark, and full of anger. White just didn't speak to me. When I took another look at the Imperial Armour book I noticed that the Lamenters Death Company were actually black, I changed my mind very quickly.
One change I have made, however, to the scheme is to replace the red Xs of the typical BA Death Company with the bright yellow of the Lamenters, providing a stronger link back to the regular Chapter Marines.
These four are nearing completion. Just a bit of touch up, then highlighting the black. Once I've painted the next five Death Company bodies, I'll paint up the nine backpacks I need to finish off the entire squad.
Anyways, I hope you like how they're coming along.
Someone asked, in a recent post, if I have a list ready for the army. Well, I kind of do. Here goes:
HQ: Unsure at the moment
• Furioso Dreadnought with Blood Talons
• 10 Tactical Marines - Serg w/powerfist & plasma pistol, 1 w/plasma gun, 1 w/plasma cannon
• 10 Death Company - 1 w/powerfist, 2 x melta pistols
• 5 Assault Marines - Serg w/powerfist & plasma pistol, 1 x meltagun
• 5 Assault Marines - Serg w/powerfist, 1 x meltagun
• Storm Raven - unsure of final weapon configuration.
If you have any thoughts, feel free to leave them in the comments below, or let me know next week when you visit the Grand Opening Event for Dropzone Games. I'll be hanging out Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so make sure you drop by!