Monday, August 3, 2015

Vroom! Vroom! - A few more cars on deck!


While deciding how I'm going to sculpt the fetish skull for the lancer's perch of the Nux car, I thought I'd finish up painting the two pursuit cars I showed in this post a few weeks ago. I decided to go with a heavy rusting look for the one on the right (equipped with the .50 cal style machine gun). It'll join my Citadel team/collection as soon as I add a few thundersticks : )

The one on the left is big and bulky and reminded me just enough of a Ford Bronco that I had to go with a white paint job. This one sports a mini-gun, so it seemed only right that it should become a Bullet Farm pursuit vehicle. Note the expended shells in the rear of the truck (below).



And finally, here's a look at the next four receiving attention. These will all be a part of the Citadel crew and receive various paint jobs (typically either shiny and chrome or rusty as hell).

Cheers
Dave

20 comments:

  1. I have this wonderful imagine of the mini gun firing in the keep, and just thousands of shells impacting the passengers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone's having far too much fun, if that were ever possible! Brilliant again Mr. Taylor, just love those spent shell cases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun? yes. Too much fun? Never! Thanks, Mr Awdry : )

      Delete
  3. The two finished cars look great and the WIP ones are coming along nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tamsin. I'm looking forward to getting paint on those new ones too : )

      Delete
  4. Those are great rat rods. Looks like you're working on Elvis as well as the Nux car. Really nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great stuff dave very inspiring!

      I think I have enough vehicles but then you post something amazing up and I get the urge to start chopping and gluing again!

      Your razor cola as a case in point after that post I just had to try and build a 28mm version

      Can't wait to see how they all turn out but your definitely a bad influence!

      Can we assume at this point you are building yourself up to tackling the War Rig at some point in the future?
      ...please say yes!

      Delete
    2. Tim, yep, the blue one will be Elvis, a bit of sanding work, adding a .50 cal, and building the rest of the engine to go.

      Phil, I'm glad I can be of service : ) and yes, I will eventually do the War Rig. I just need to build up to it : )

      Delete
  5. Where are you found the big wheel ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pierre, do you mean the larger wheels on some of these cars? If so, they have been taken from some other Hot Wheels cars, mostly 4-wheel drive type vehicles.

      If you mean the monster truck at the bottom of this post:

      http://davetaylorminiatures.blogspot.com/2015/07/vroom-vroom-finally-more-cars-are.html?showComment=1438640786432#c117374510288055175

      Those wheels are available from the Hot Wheels monster truck line. I hope that helps : )

      Delete
  6. What scale are these? Would 1/72 ww2 driver figs work with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1:64th scale, nominally, but really the scale is all over the place.

      I personally feel that at this scale the cars don't need drivers etc, they are the focal points themselves.

      Delete
    2. The knight rider theme song just kicked in... an apocalypse kitt needs to happen!

      Delete
  7. Awesome work. Going to be grand collection.

    ReplyDelete