Thursday, May 14, 2015

The New Mechanicus - Ruststalkers complete!


I finished these guys off over the weekend, but have only just been able to squeeze them under the lights. I'm pretty happy with them. Nothing too special, apart from the glossy faceplates, and the princeps has a grey cloak to match the clothing of my older minis. With all his red armor, I really wanted to avoid an overload of red.




In other news, my order from LooseCars.com arrived today in great shape. These cars will make their way into my Mad Max: Fury Road conversion collection, but more on that later.

Cheers
Dave

13 comments:

  1. Looking great.

    I've started converted some cars of my own and would love to see some step-by-step details of how you are managing yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be sure to post up the different things I do with each car through the construction and painting process. I'm not sure they'll be step-by-steps, but hopefully they'll be helpful.

      Delete
  2. Sweeeeeet. Really dig how those turned out, the muted red and grey really makes 'em look ominous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Dave, love the 'sonic' effects on the weapons, looks like power spikes rippling across the blades. Your black gloss face masks are really stand out mark across the whole army, faceless warriors look the business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siph. I'm thinking a Knight with a transonic blade could look great too : )

      Delete
  4. Great work. Loving it as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look smashing! :-)
    the colour scheme is very strong. I look forward to seeing them next to the rest of the army.

    --
    morback

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, I do have to get a group shot of them, don't I.

      Delete
  6. So fantastic Dave! I was so excited when skitari came out, because I knew you'd be putting them through the Taylor experience!

    ReplyDelete