Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A surprise from Blight Wheel!


Last week I received a surprise package from Blight Wheel Miniatures (a cool European outfit that I've mentioned a few times before). Laurent had sent me a copy of his brand new (currently-titled) Military Truck - a six-wheeled flatbed transporter that is based very much on the conversion I did many years ago. It was also sculpted by another friend of mine, which is very cool. I haven't had a chance to put it together (the painted version above is from the Blight Wheel blog post, here).


Laurent also sent me a couple of surprise pieces (seen below). Two sprues with torsos - all ten torsos in rough and ready armor plates with various icons of allegiance attached.



And a sprue of five heads on various helmets and mempo masks, with optional horns.



I couldn't resit putting at least one guy together, combining a head and torso from the batch with a set of arms and legs from Victoria Miniatures. Without the arms (above) to see the breastplate.


And with the arms to see it all ready to go.


He's finished off with a backpack and rebreather hose from Dragon Forge Design - I sculpted those backpacks!

I hope you like the potential of these kits - get out there and support your favorite manufacturers of cool stuff : )

9 comments:

  1. Laurent keeps putting out some good looking stuff. I'm going to have to take a plunge here to upgrade my (just painted) traitor guard. Dammit all to hell!

    Are there fitting problems between his and the Vic Minis stuff? I ask because in that last picture, the left arm is out of position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems with fit, I just haven't glued it yet and it slipped a little before the shot : )

      Delete
    2. Ahh, cheers Dave! Thought I'd check before throwing out the money. After this next invoice comes in, I'll definitely be ordering a few for Blood Pact, then they can sit opposite my Sons of Sek.

      Delete
  2. Wicked cool stuff Dave! Looks like my pocketbook is getting smaller soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Blood Pact look awesome, especially yours.
    As for the backpacks from Dragon Forge, is there a better way to buy them in the United Kingdom? As the ~£10 postage isn't affordable for just those backpacks.

    ReplyDelete