Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lamenters Update, and getting Lost


Sorry for the significant delays in getting posts up in recent weeks, but things have been pretty hectic. A two-week visit from my mother, Superstorm Sandy, and my coverage of Fall In have all conspired to impact my hobby and blogging time. I've still been plugging away at a few things, so here's an update on the boys in yellow - my Lamenters.


Here are a couple of finished models, including the plasma-cannon toting Marine.


And then the next two I finished up this evening.


Here are the final two models for the Tactical squad, still lots to do on them, but I'm feeling very close to reaching the final squad, the Assault Marines.

In my next Lamenters post I'll try to give everyone a detailed look at how I've been painting these bright yellow grimdark Marines.


And now for some thing completely different...

My friend James Craig from the Lost In The Warp blog has recently kicked off a multi-blog series of collaborative posts with mutual friends of ours, Mike Butcher and Shawn Welte. These posts are based around Mike and Shawn's converting skills and James painting ability (and James' very cool Beastman army).

You can check out James' first post on the series here.
And Mike's blog here.
And Shawn's blog here.

Enjoy : )

Cheers
Dave

12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for giving people a heads up Dave! Future posts in the series will include work by Todd Swanson, Dragomir Milanovic, David Pauwels, Brice Cocanour and a few others..... It is going to be full of surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job friend.I hope to see more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Lamenters are dead sexy Dave! Nicely done- looking forward to reading the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, these are superb and such a difficult colour to pull off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, very much looking forward to reading a step by step!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys, much appreciated : )

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have I mentioned how much I'm looking forward to seeing these bad boys on their bases? Oh, yeah, big time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may take some time, what with all those skulls, sooooo many skulls that all yearn to be individually painted!

      Delete
  8. Hi Dave,
    The lamenters came out cracking. My buddy and I are looking forward to reading how you managed the yellow paintjob.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dave, you are a brave man to paint so many checks! I'm really looking forward to seeing this army on it's bases. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The 'Boys in Yellow' are looking very good indeed :) But when do we get to see their 'King in Yellow'? [Considering the Lamenter's history, I thought it was a nice reference...]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks guys.

    @Brian - the checks are the easy part mate!
    @Geoff - Don't forget he's a Death Company "King", so he's really more like the Man in Black ; )

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete