Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lamenters Update


Time to slip in a quick update on the progress of my Lamenters. After the game a couple of weeks back, I was very excited about the success of my Death Company Tycho. Above you can see the kitbashed model I'll be painting up soon to represent my Lamenters version of this fierce character.
I didn't have an actual combi-melta handy so this one is cobbled together from a few parts to represent Blood Song, the combi-melta capable of firing the Sternguard Veteran special ammo, not too shabby on a character with the Relentless special rule. On his outstretched left hand, I've added a few strips of plasticard to represent The Dead Man's Hand, the special rules/equipment that helps Tycho become a beast in combat. I'm looking forward to getting paint on him.


A few people have been asking me "Why the square bases Dave?" when looking at the Lamenters I have underway. Now that my order has arrived from Secret Weapon Miniatures (well, it actually arrived last week), I can reveal my plans. You can see the bases in the packs above are from the SWM Bone Fields range. As part of my mission to take this bright yellow army and embed it firmly in the grimdark universe of 40K, I knew that both skulls and blood would be needed. All of my trooper models are posed with a bit of a hunch, and an "angry" posing for the arms. Now, imagine these dark and angry Marines stalking across an area covered in blood, gore, and bones. Splashing through too much gore, seeing some of it splattering up on their greaves, dripping from the teeth of their chainswords. I'm also looking forward to getting this part of the project just right.

Cheers
Dave

10 comments:

  1. I like the look of the hair in the back. Has a kind of Man in the Iron Mask feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice kit bash! I like your concept for the blood and gore, I'm sure it'll be great with you executing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck getting them to stand on those Bone Fields bases, Dave.

    It will probably require some wizardry with a fair few of them, so I look forward to seeing your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent conversion, particularly the combi-melta, which looks like a stock bit. looking forward to seeing it painted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why the square bases Dave? Err, wait, never mind.

    The conversion looks absolutely BA, great job there, and that's without any paint! Can't wait to seeing him progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing about this that I do not like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Windows Server area and operate for a remote desktop server. Added options windows 7 enterprise activation key include place knowledgeable printing, encrypting file technique, presentation method along with the capacity to run lots of Home windows XP productiveness programs in Windows XP Method.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normally, you may need to go around to Obtain Centre to seize the windows 7 home basic product key provider pack you, which takes about thirty minutes to download.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. The IP address of a device is 192.168.l.254 which is regarded as a private IP address. Whenever people buy a new router or modem, it comes with a default username and password. These particular login credentials help the users to protect their internet from irrelevant connections. Unfortunately, if you forget the router password then, it becomes quite challenging to find it out.

    ReplyDelete