Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Well, it's been a mixed bag...


I realized last night that it had been almost two weeks since I'd taken a photo of anything I've been working on. Well, It's been a mixed bag of stuff. On my painting desk at the moment I have six or seven different projects I'm working on. No wonder I can't get anything finished...

Anyway, work continues on updating my Grey Knights in preparation for sale. Above is the Grey Knight Librarian I built from the new plastic kits. Below is the first Paladin unit I've been working away on. A little more work and I'll have that banner finished off.



I got a little bit of time to mess around with the base for the Black Kraken. I'm painting this up for the cool charity raffle at Adepticon next year - Celebrity Dreadfleet. Click here to check out the blog! I used the GW recipe, which was quite interesting to see come to life. I'll have a post up soon on the CD blog about that experience.


Back in July, at Games Day Chicago, my friend (and crazy awesome painter) Todd Swanson handed me a very cool base. It was a cast of the base he used on his Golden Demon-winning entry (seen here). It has been kicking around on my desk since then and last weekI finally got the urge to stick a model on top and get painting. I've added the Ghoul King from the Zombie Dragon kit (I bought that kit to add the wings to my Jabberslythe conversion) and I've started painting it up. I'm thinking I'll paint him up as some kind of underhive mutant or possibly daemonhost. Let me know what you think.


And finally (for this post) here's the first model I'm starting on for my Warriors of Morr army. It will be crewed by a bunch of Corpsehandlers who'll be pushing and pulling it to war. The smartass in me wants to call it a Morrtar ; )

Cheers
Dave

6 comments:

  1. 'Morrtor' is an excellent name i think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the shoulderpad used on the librarians right Shoulder from?

    And count me as another vote for the Morrtor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read "Morrtor" I thought Oof! But I'm humorless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys

    I figured the response to the "Morrtar" would be mixed ; )

    As for the shoulder pad, I think it's actually from the Chaos Terminator box set.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. Thanks for sharing informative article. I would like to share information about Appconsultio an Android app developers in Mumbai collaborate with clients to understand their requirements, create user-friendly interfaces, integrate various functionalities, and ensure optimal performance and compatibility across different devices. Their work plays a crucial role in shaping the digital landscape of Mumbai and contributing to the advancement of mobile technology.

    ReplyDelete