Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Big Game!


Over the last few months I've been corresponding quite a bit with Alec Peters, the guy who bought my Legio Custodes army. Alec, as I think I've mentioned before, is a huge geek. He is incredibly passionate and knowledgeable about a lot of very cool things. He even started a company that auctions off the costumes and props from movies like Iron Man and TV shows like Battlestar Galactica!

Anyway, Alec is a huge fan of the Apocalypse style of gaming. So much so that he started a blog and a forum and has been very active in bringing together a lot of other like-minded groups of 40K gamers out there. This has been very successful, with gamers not only from SoCal (Alec's hunting grounds), but much further afield: Europe, Asia, and Australasia too.

Over the last couple of months Alec has been building plans for, as he calls it, "The Big Game" - an Apocalypse gaming event that currently has over 15 locations around the globe participating.

January 22nd is when it all goes down. Click on either of the links above to track down more info on how you can get involved in the Apocalyptic action. While this is obviously a single day event, Alec isn't the kind of guy to let things die off after that. There'll be plenty more fun gaming and opportunities to connect with other folks who love the Apocalypse!

Cheers
Dave

PS. I know I haven't announced the winner of my Steel Legion Army List contest yet. There were over 30 lists submitted and I'm still sorting through them all. Thanks for your patience.


1 comment:

  1. Are you going to play in the Big Game?

    I am breaking out my Apocalypse Deathguard army and playing with the Apoc-Eclipse group at All Fun and Games in Apex NC. I hope that the game on 22Jan11 breaks our local high points of around 120k or so.

    ReplyDelete