Friday, August 15, 2014

Mechanicum - Thanatar progresses... and GenCon!


Not much of an update today. With my family beach vacation last week, and my first trip to GenCon this week, hobby time has been sparse. Rest assured, however, that while a lovely Knight Lancer is on its way from Forgeworld I have been able to attach the ammo feed to the Thanatar and prep it for painting. Fingers crossed I can work on it over the next few weeks.


Also, GenCon is absolutely crazy! For gamers it is no doubt the destination for experiencing all the games you could ever need. As huge as the event is, it isn't really aimed at miniatures gaming (although there are a lot of big booths in the dealer hall) or miniatures painting (despite the valiant efforts of a dedicated team of instructors and volunteers). It's just SOOOOOOO BIG!

More notes and thoughts on GenCon in my next post.

Cheers
Dave

8 comments:

  1. What a wicked cool model. That ammo belt is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very cool. Fortunately it fits together quite well and there wan't too much trouble bending it into shape.

      Delete
    2. The ammo belt, that is, not the model.

      Delete
  2. What, no conversions at all? Was the model too good?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, actually it is a great model, and quite nice to build. I typically (but not always) like to build a pricy model like this straight up first, so that I understand where everything is supposed to go. After that I can convert the subsequent ones to my heart's content : )

      Delete
    2. I see, makes sense. Your Mechanicum stuff is pretty cool, I'm sure this'll turn up nice))

      Delete
  3. Most of the time I don't comment on the site but I want to say this post really compelled me to, very nice orologi replica,replique de montre haute qualité avis,klock kopior post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update, looks really good, no wonder Patek Philippe high end replica uhren equipped this new ladies mechanical watch with a Caliber 324 S C movement.

    ReplyDelete