Thursday, August 28, 2014

Calling in the Support!


I finally managed to get this guy wrapped up. He's been sitting on the edge of my desk for the last few weeks, biding his time, unsure of when he was going to slip into the queue. Now, for my larger games of 30K, I have another way for my Death Guard to bring down some pretty nice damage.


I love the wonderfully executed homage to the original, Rogue Trader-era, communications Space Marine. This is the right way to update a model.


And don't forget you have just over 72 hours to purchase your raffle tickets for the NOVA Open Charitable Foundation 2014 army projects. To by tickets for the Ultramarine army, click on the image above. To buy tickets for the Tyranids, click on the image below. To buy tickets for the other armies, click HERE.


All the best to those who have supported the projects this year!

10 comments:

  1. good old Brother Orinoco. nice paintjob too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karitas, I couldn't remember his name : )

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous work, man - I really dig the homages to old RT-era minis that FW has been slipping in here and there, and this is by far my favorite. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really excellent work Dave. I love the way you've modelled the dry, red dust on his boots. It really unifies the figure with the base. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. I'm still a little heavy handed with my powders sometimes. I need to try and achieve the same result (connection with the base) with a little more subtlety. : )

      Delete
  4. I love the tiny lenses, and all the grim/rust streaks. The fact that it is on that tiny scale is even more impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cracking figure with a great job. Is he standing on a landmine?

    ReplyDelete