Monday, October 3, 2011

Kyle's Sword, and LGS


This beautiful model of Meriadoc Brandybuck (or Merry to his friends) was painted up by a friend of mine, Kyle Morgan. He gave it to me last year as a "thank you" for picking up some Games Day tickets for him before the show (apparently it wasn't possible to purchase them online from Australia).


I first met Kyle at Games Day Chicago 2009, where his Large Model beat mine for Gold, as did his Diorama, even after I loaned him some glue and paints to repair his models after a long flight from Sydney. I first mentioned Kyle on my blog back in this post here.


When Kyle gave me this piece I was stunned, so much time had obviously gone into the model and basing, and no one had ever given me such a cool "thank you" gift before. At the time I was rushing off for a week in North Carolina, and then when I got back I was never sure how to best work it in to a post.


So, why do mention it now? Only because I now own a miniature painted by a bona fide Golden Demon Slayer Sword winner. Congratulations to Kyle for winning the Sword at the Golden Demons in Australia this past Saturday.

I am yet to find a pic of his Sword-winning entry, but here's a link to his "close to finished" WIPs for his Bronze and Silver winning entries. I'll update this post as soon as he posts pics of the winner.


Oh, and I picked up some "liquid green stuff" the other day. Should be interesting to muck around with.

Cheers
Dave

9 comments:

  1. Would love to hear a detailed review of the LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also interested in an LGS review. I have zero GS capabilities so this may help with minor gaps.


    On a side note Dave, how do you find the time for family, friends, work, and modeling? I have all bit disappeared from the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, I'm curious to see your thoughts on liquid green stuff. Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys

    Thanks for your enquiries regarding the LGS. Unfortunately I haven't had a good chance to try it out yet, but when I do, i'll let you all know ; )

    @Shanus - Mmmmm, could be a good topic for a blog post.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dave!

    Have you already checked out my new hobby blog, Tale of Painters? I've joined forces with Sigur and Garfy, whose models you've probably seen in various forums or on the blog on GW.com. We've got tutorials, showcases, reviews and various projects going on, e.g. Garfy posts about assembling and painting a mighty Thunderhawk!

    We've also started a new Blog Network! Join by adding a Tale of Painters banner to your blog, and your newest posts will appear in the Network widget over at Tale of Painters! A great way to promote your blog and find new readers! On top of that, the crew at Tale of Painters keeps a close eye to the Network and will present the best posts in a post of their own!

    So come over and check out http://www.taleofpainters.com, I'd very glad about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredibly beautiful painting ...

    http://dioramanet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What did you think of the liquid greenstuff? I have tried using gel medium for the same application with some success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are offering best assignment help in Australiafor students studying Australia. We have experts cover almost every sub-segment or branches of assignment writing. Assignment help is one of the major services provided by Sample Assignment. The world revolves around money and economics seems the main subject of concern to students. Hence, they search for paper writing, essay writing help in order to devote their precious time in other equally important tasks.

    ReplyDelete