Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's almost time...




I know I've posted a lot about the "Great Storm Wardens Project" (just check out my July posts if you don't believe me). Well, this Saturday is the day we hand it over to the winner, Jacob.

Jacob is coming down to Baltimore Games Day and is really looking forward to being the 'warden' of this army (and meeting a lot of the guys who were involved in the project.

Anyway, the Battlefoam bag arrived today. I was so excited about seeing what Romeo had donated to the project I had to immediately put the army (and other goodies) into the case and take some photos. I hope you enjoy a tour through the case and the army.









A few people have been asking me how many points the army is, so I thought I'd add it all up. These points values typically take into account the lowest possible for the unit, and the total is:

Almost 3,100 points!

Adding some extra armor and items of wargear could easily push this army over 3,300 points. Awesome stuff. And you'll notice too that there's plenty of room to add more units, like more bikes, or assault Marines, more Terminators, and more Rhinos and Landspeeders.

See you on Saturday at Baltimore Games Day when we hand it all over : )

Cheers
Dave

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff, I really like the first pic on the table, also seeing it in the case is awesome.

    I have been packing up my Death Guard to bring to Baltimore in my junky old pluck foam bag, and I think I am going to have to get in touch with Romeo for some custom awesomeness.

    John
    Santa Cruz Warhammer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you handing it over in any sort of ceremony or at an established time at least? I'd love to see it in person even at a glance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job Dave, that must have taken some time to do this entire post.
    Thanks!
    Mike
    Santa Cruz Warhammer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys!

    @John - looking forward to meeting you in person!

    @ JoeGuardsman - I think Jacob wants to enter the army in "Armies on Parade" so check there or at the "Fritz and Jawaballs" stand : )

    @Mike - it did indeed take a while, almost 90 minutes all up ; )
    Sorry you won't be making it out to Games Day : (

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. So will I finally get the chance this meeting to "pay up" with all the pints I owe ye sir?

    Looking forward to seeing the ceremony at Games Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That case looks awesome! I was lucky enough to see the army in person on Monday and it looks awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete