Monday, April 13, 2009

A Mixed Bag


So, I have finally had a chance to sit down and get some painting done, sometimes with my baby daughter sleeping by my side, very precious moments.

This first model will not only be my 40K Single entry for Baltimore Golden Demons, but is my contribution to the Team North America Charity Ork Project! Many of the members of TNA are painting an Ork Nob (clan of their choice) to put together into a Nobz Mob to be auctioned off for charity. Once we get closer to the auction you can rest assured I'll be pimping the hell out of it!

I'm working on a Goff Nob and I've got the metallics, horns, and skin finished so far. Next step are the neutrals (browns) and then onto the black and details (including the ubiquitous Goff checks).


And finally a bit more work on my Blood Pact. The shots below are of the first SteG4 armored car to roll off the Urdeshi production lines. You'll notice it is without wheels, they are still being finalized. The model is very heavily based on an armored car that GW UK veteran Owen Rees put together for his drop troop army. It fairly obviously uses parts from both a Chimera AND a Leman Russ, which makes it pound for pound the most expensive model in the army so far. Don't worry though, the tanks I build from the rest of the parts will help balance that out,

Until next week, enjoy and happy hobbying!



PS. Don't forget to vote in the Stegadon Conversion Challenge. Details in this post HERE!

12 comments:

  1. I like the ork, and the SteG4 looks mighty nice! I look forward to seeing it with wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce, Like the addition of suspension to the SteG4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved Owen Rees' conversions and was planning on the six wheeled version for my own Blood Pact. I'm watching this one with great interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi DT, I love the metallic on the Nob, it looks nice and dirty!! The green flesh is very deep too.
    The SteG4 looks fantastic, I cannot wait to see how it looks with its wheels on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice nob... sorry I couldn't help myself...

    Looking forward to seeing the SteG4 finished

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. I'll be looking for your Nob at Games Day. Maybe even place a bid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That armored car is coming along nicely. I look forward to seeing a finished product. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. It is a nice model. Very different from my own interpretation.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Dave,

    How are you? I have a small question to ask you, but I feel it would be better to do it via email or a private message. Is there any way that I can contact you?

    Thanks,
    Kirill (M.R.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey guys, thanks for the comments! I'll try to get a finished pic up soonish.

    @Kirill - my email address is in my "profile" on the front page of this blog, just shoot me one there.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you do with the wheels - a lack of bulk wheels is what stopped me from converting my Chimeras into SteG4s.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dave, love your work. I was looking at the new pictures of the new MicroArt Goblin Trooper heads and was wondering if they might also make good Blood Pact trooper heads. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete