Friday, February 13, 2009

Stalk Tank Art

A few people have asked me about the concept art for the Stalk Tank, so I figured I'd post a quick snapshot from the Black Library artbook The Sabbat Worlds Crusade by Dan Abnett (the man, the myth, the legend). Apparently it is very difficult to pick up this book for under US$100 on the second-hand market, so if anyone knows of any other sources feel free to let us all know in the comments section. 

Until then, here's the concept art. I'm switching out the stubbers for flamers and I've gone with a larger, twin-linked autocannon mount.


Pics of my work in progress Stalk Tank can be found a few posts down.

Cheers
Dave

6 comments:

  1. Now that i have seen the art i think yours looks pretty much spot on :)

    -Foot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave,
    I've been a big fan of your work ever since seeing some of it in White Dwarf. I think this current Blood Pact project is really impressive. I wanted to let you know that we linked to your blog over at http://andygomez.wordpress.com/ where I blog with my friend Andy. Please let me know if that's not Ok!
    Please keep up the inspirational work!
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the book The Sabbat Worlds Crusade, and not wishing to be a damp squib, but it's definetlely not worth US$100. Price has been ramped up because of Dan Abnett being the author. Nothing bad with that, I'm as much a Ghost fan as anyone who has followed them since the late 90s.
    I'm just saying that: if you DO buy the book, make sure you buy it because of the background info you get on the SWC. NOT because of the art. It's mostly simple Photoshops. There are amazing pics like the stalk-tank spread, one large poster of loxatl as well as one of Anakwanar Sek and a Son of Sek that are just the epitome of awesome. But the rest of the art is rather "meh" for a Black Libary book, and that annoyed me. Abnett's writing deserves better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what you're doing is brilliant. I've added a link to your blog from mine at http://rajabersiong.blogspot.com/
    I hope you don't mind. Oh, I'm definitely
    following this blog.
    cheers,
    sani

    ReplyDelete
  5. It might be worth looking on the UK's ebay with the pound dying against the $.

    There's one on there at the moment for £30 (aprox $45)

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/warhammer-40k-the-sabbat-worlds-crusade-book_W0QQitemZ290303540333QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys_Wargames_RL?hash=item290303540333&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

    ReplyDelete