Thursday, May 20, 2010

From the other side of the planet

Hi everyone!

Here's a quick post from the other side of the planet. My family and I are in Australia for two weeks (a trip planned and paid for prior to the crazy car crash) and having fun catching up with friends and family.

Two things for you today. The first of these are pics of Kor'asso Khan. Here's the model I showed you a few posts back, now resplendent in his painted White Scars finery. I hope you like him.



Item number Two is my first real foray into teaching classes at a convention. I'll be at BoLSCon in Austin, TX, at the end of July, running three classes as part of what will hopefully build towards a great hobby "Mecca" over the coming years. For information on the classes, you can check out the announcement here.

Take care folks, and enjoy the good things in life!

Cheers
Dave

10 comments:

  1. Wow. He is excellent. What's your recipe for white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For this guy I started with a primer coat of black (as much of the model needs a black basecoat), then I painted two thinned coats of Astronomicon Grey. I highlighted that with two thinned coats of Astro Grey/Skull White. Then Skull White edge highlights.

    I hope that helps.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning to start my practice models in the next few days, so I'll give that a try.

    Cheers
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Kor'asso Khan. You have definitely done the model!

    Have fun in Australia. Greatest Country in the world!

    I'm Australian I'm allowed to think that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the great land downunder. I hope you find it as nice as us who live here :)

    I was in the US in the last 12 months and I can say that it has nothing on our little patch of dusty, sunny, hot, dirty paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great execution, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well painted. I've been reading through your earlier posts and saw how you have converted this model, once again very well done.

    I am pleased that you now have new wheels. I was luck enough to run a Cruiser for a couple of months some time back. They continue to turn heads in the UK!

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry - also meant to say that I thought your painting of white is awesome.

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi guys

    Thanks very much, I'm very happy with how he turned out. The white took a bit longer than I'd usually take, but it came out nicely.

    @fester - I always find it nice ; ) although the price of a bottle of Coke threw me a little, $3.40! I also noticed it's cane sugar in there, not the chemical cocktail and high fructose corn syrup, so I'm good with that.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dave next time you visit your family out here, you gotta do something gaming-like with some aussies, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete