Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Apocalypse Datasheet Competition!

Hi all!

To celebrate the number of generous folks following this blog ticking over 200 (!!!),
I'm unleashing the mighty Apocalypse Datasheet Competition!

As long time readers will remember, I built a Blood Pact Stalk Tank earlier this year. Here it is in all its mantis-like glory.


Many people have asked me along the way, "Dave, what rules are you going to use for this crazy beast?" My response has always been, "I don't really know."

Now I give you, the dedicated readers of davetaylorminiatures, the chance to create an Apocalypse Datasheet for my Stalk Tank. What should this datasheet look like/contain? I'm glad you asked.

In my mind, and based on my readings, I think the Stalk Tank fits into the 40K universe somewhere between a Chaos Dreadnought and a Brass Scorpion, kind of near a Defiler but not as heavy armed. This variant is armed with twin-linked autocannons of some sort and a flamer weapon in its head, but others have been quoted as sporting stubbers in place of the flamers and heavy las weapons in underslung pods. There have also been psyker variants reported on the battlefields of the Sabbat Worlds Crusade. I speculate that there may be scout variants and heavy variants too (although Dan hasn't confirmed this just yet).

So, what do you need to do to enter the competition?

Step One: Create either one or both of the following datasheets:

Stalk Tank: an Apocalypse Datasheet for a single Stalk Tank with a variety of armament options, appropriate statline, and a few cool special rules, all with an appropriate points cost.

Stalk Tank Maniple: An Apocalypse Datasheet for a group/unit of Stalk Tanks with an appropriate special rule or rules and additional point cost.

Step Two: Submit the datasheet/s to me via my email address in my profile (bottom of the right column). Make sure the email subject line is Apocalypse Datasheet Competition. You have until midnight EST on June 30 to submit your entries

Step Three: sit back and wait while I, and a handful of Apocalypse nutters, go through the sheets to find a handful of finalists.

Step Four: wait with baited breath while I discuss the finalists with bigred (from Bell of Lost Souls).

The winner/s will not only receive the adulation of an adoring public, but bigred has kindly offered a spot in in the BoLS's next "re-print" of their Lords of Battle Apocalypse Datasheet collection! I'll also be adding in a few very cool prizes from my stash of stuff.

So, thank you all for your support over the last six months. The great response to this blog has helped me through some tough personal times, and I'm looking forward to keeping it up over the coming years!

If you have any questions (or if I've left anything out) please ask them in the comments section of this post.

Note: this is NOT a competition to win my Stalk Tank with any Apocalypse Datasheet, but one where you write a Datasheet that provides rules for the Stalk Tank. The winners will be published in the BoLS Lords of Battle download at a date in the near future, NOT receive my Stalk Tank. Sorry for any confusion that some possibly ambiguous wording may have caused.

Cheers
Dave

7 comments:

  1. I should do this.:D I love your stalk tank model too, so a great data sheet to go along side it is pretty much necessary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, great timing, right after the Astro Mag's Datasheet Competition winners were announced!
    I think I'll have to give this one a go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty excited about this! I've already written the fluff for the datasheet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about those whose work is good but not enough?

    Some Consolation prizes, like naming squad with their names?

    just asking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you knew where the datasheet for the stalker tank is? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you knew where the datasheet for the stalker tank is? thanks!

    ReplyDelete